Starting The New Year Off Late

January 3, 2013

New Year 2013.

Yep the New Year is barely started and I’m already procrastinating.

I would love to blame it all on my hubby. After all if he hadn’t hurt his back I would been able to get a lot more done.

I don’t know why but when he is hanging out at home I just don’t seem to get much of anything done. Not housework. Not blogging. Not organizing. The animals are lucky they still get fed.

He doesn’t really get in the way all that much most of the time. He mostly hangs out in the recliner or the bed (when his back was really hurting). But somehow or another when he is home I just can’t seem to concentrate.

Of course it isn’t all him. The housework doesn’t need concentration. There are lots of things to be done that being interrupted wouldn’t hurt…but I haven’t done some of those either.

I did manage to get some dishes washed but only got the fridge cleaned out this morning so now there are MORE dishes waiting.

This doesn’t bode well. If things continue like this I might get all the winter stuff done by summer, and then the summer stuff will be done by winter, and this years goals met by next year…

How are you doing so far this year?

{ 10 comments }

1 Still Blonde after all these YEARS January 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Resolutions…I know better than to do that…Trying to NOT say yes to everything.

2 Elle
January 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Yea my hubby was talking about organizing the house and losing weight and several other things. I told him there is no way I can do more than one thing. Not even sure about that.

I feel worse if I say I’m gonna and then I don’t than if I never say anything at all.
Elle recently posted..Clean Your Air Filters And Save Some MoneyMy Profile

3 Grace Hodgin January 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

AMEN! I think it must be surely one of Murphey’s Laws isn’t it? When the man is at home nothing gets done by the woman? I’m the same way and have no excuse.
Grace Hodgin recently posted..Lego Star Wars ZipBin Storage Toy Box @neat_ohMy Profile

4 Jennifer Wagner
January 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I had no plans the entire Christmas to New Years week and I planned on getting so much work done. However I got sick and got nothing done so I am so behind where I wanted to be. And I know what you mean about having your husband at home. I can’t get any work done.
Jennifer Wagner recently posted..2012 Pew Internet Studies on Teens, Education and Online BehaviorMy Profile

5 Ellen Dolgen January 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words… sometimes :>) http://bit.ly/UstlzP

6 Elle
January 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

LOL. That’s me!!
Elle recently posted..Clean Your Air Filters And Save Some MoneyMy Profile

7 Shary January 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I haven’t started off on the best foot either this year. Good thing there are plenty of days right, know what I mean?
Shary recently posted..Lusting After Shabby AppleMy Profile

8 Elle
January 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Oh yea. I did ok today. Got a few chores done. Had some time to work on my blog too! Today has been good so far.
Elle recently posted..Clean Your Air Filters And Save Some MoneyMy Profile

9 laura January 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Blogging has gone much better since I’ve come up with some goals for where I want the direction of my blog to go.

Around the home..Ha! Cats, kids, and adults are fed…dishes are halfway kept up and laundry is washed but needing folded and put away. Otherwise there’s dust and clutter..slowly but surely getting into the swing again.
laura recently posted..The Carrie Diaries…must see or must avoid?My Profile

10 Rachel H January 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I wish I was doing better. I still have everything to keep me organized but now I just need time to use the organizational tools that will then keep me on track in the future. Been busy at it and well, better late then never! :-D
Rachel H recently posted..Nuby: iMonster Feeding Series #Giveaway!My Profile

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: