The Flu Is No Fun At All

Yes I have the flu. I don’t want to write. I don’t want to do housework or cook. I don’t want to be bothered. I mainly want to lay in bed and be pampered with lots of juice and covers!

JuiceThat is what you are supposed to do when you have the flu.

Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids!

Unless the fever gets really high or you have trouble breathing anyway. So far my fever hasn’t gotten that high. I’m hoping it won’t.

The only time I have trouble breathing is when I’m coughing. I don’t think that’s what they mean though.

One problem I do have is that every time I cough I also have a minor leakage on the other end. Told my hubby I might have to send him to the store to get me some diapers…the look on his face was priceless!!

It isn’t really that bad but it could cause problems if I was out and about…so it is a good thing I’m staying home and hiding isn’t it?

What do you do when you are sick? Any tips for getting over it quicker?

In Category: Personal

• Ruth Hill January 30, 2013, 7:29 AM

I honestly have no tips, but I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

• Kat Meller
    January 30, 2013, 8:34 AM

I got the flu shot this year so I wouldn’t get this nasty flu and got a head cold instead. Feel better. Drink LOTS of fluids – even if its just water – to help flush it out of your system. But chicken soup really does help
    Kat Meller recently posted..Tupperware SmartSteamer GiveawayMy Profile

• Elle
      January 30, 2013, 4:42 PM

I really want some chicken soup too. The best I can do right now is canned chicken noodle…it isn’t bad. Not exactly the best but not bad.
      Elle recently posted..An 87th Birthday PartyMy Profile

• Marina January 30, 2013, 1:31 PM

Oh no!!I’m so sorry. Our family generally has a lot of warm lemon juice with honey and ginger shavings in it.
    Marina recently posted..{Almost} Wordless Wednesday – Exquisite BeautyMy Profile

• Elle
      January 30, 2013, 4:43 PM

That sounds…soothing. I don’t have any ginger here. I need to fix that…I have seen several recipes call for it lately.

Thanks!
      Elle recently posted..An 87th Birthday PartyMy Profile

• sandra davis January 30, 2013, 2:56 PM

Hope you feel better soon. Prayers for a speedy recovery

• crystal January 30, 2013, 9:04 PM

Garlic kills everything too! I mix some raw with mashed potatoes and it’s easy to swallow without chewing it. Hope you feel better,lotsa healing wishes!! (: