We survived the ice storm and the damage afterward. We were without power for 17 days. Stayed with my mom a few days then bought a kerosene heater and went home. kerosene really really stinks though…ended up buying a propane heater later. At the time there wasn’t much choice. Everything was sold out..no batteries, no heaters, no flash lights..nothing. And there were no camp stoves for sale either. A neighbor let us borrow a very old one of his..otherwise there would have been no coffee and I might have gone nuts.
Lot’s of trees damaged. Some beyond saving which really sucks. Still we are better off than folks in those fires.