7 Easy Steps to Memoir Writing is a really great book that everyone interested in writing a memoir should read. Especially if you haven’t ever written a memoir before.
The author takes you through 7 steps that get you to the point of actually writing a memoir.
She starts with the excuses people make for not doing it. She says you just need to kick those excuses out and get started and the 1st chapter is devoted to helping you do that.
The next chapters are helping you to remember what actually happened in your life so you can write about it.
I’m still at that stage in the actual doing. She has you make lists of things that happened in each decade of your life and then try to gather pictures or memorabilia…any visual aids that will help you remember.
Then you start writing. After that is organizing and interviewing family and things like that. It all sounds like fun. I did some interviewing of my great aunt years ago…before she passed away. I’m so glad I did too because now that she is gone..I will never be able to get more stories from her.
From The Back Cover :
Share with others the significant moments of your life. Make available a collection of your written memories for loved ones to cherish! 7 Easy Steps to Memoir Writing removes the fear and apprehension of starting a memoir preservation project by providing:
- Step-by-step guidance in jump-starting a lifewriting adventure
- Assistance in capturing the life stories of loved ones as well as your own
- Tips and hints that alleviate the “overwhelmed” feeling inherent in tackling a memoir project
- A comprehensive list of questions for interviewing relatives or for formulating your own story
- The Mini-Memoir, a fill-in-the-blank form that offers a glimpse into the life of an individual
- A list of additional memoir writing resources
- Select sample stories by memoir writing workshop attendees
Loved ones and future generations will be thankful to have in their possession the stories that you choose to write today!
About the Author :
MARY ANNE BENEDETTO is a speaker, blogger, Certified Lifewriting Instructor, ghostwriter and author of fiction and nonfiction publications. Her passions include helping people preserve memoirs, guiding pet owners in capturing their treasured animal stories, world travel and walking the spectacular South Carolina beaches. She is on a mission to start a memoir writing epidemic. You can visit the author at her website A Writers Presence.